REPORT: State votes to abolish slavery after proponent receives burning campaign fliers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
DENVER – Colorado voters have approved changing the language in the state constitution so that it no longer allows slavery as a form of punishment. The vote came a day after someone left a pile of burning pamphlets on the front porch of the ballot measure’s leading proponent.
CBS Denver reports that Amendment A passed, which means Article II, Section 26 of Colorado’s constitution will be changed.
The article goes on to state the following:
It had read: There “shall never be in this state either slavery or involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?