REPORT: State will advance ballot initiative to expand voter access
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
More than 430,000 signatures were submitted on Monday as part of an initiative to expand access to voting in Michigan, according to The Associated Press.
The news outlet reported on Monday that the initiative, known as Promote the Vote, is an effort to expand voting in the state by allowing absentee ballots to be cast for any reason and by also putting in place measures like same-day voter registration.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Democracy is most effective when the most possible people participate,” American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan Executive Director Kary Moss said during a news conference. “It is time that we had voting reforms in the state because people have died to win and exercise their right to vote. Voting should be easier, it should be accessible and it should be something that everybody can do.”
The AP notes that the ACLU of Michigan, the League of Women Voters and the NAACP’s state and Detroit branches are organizers of the constitutional amendment initiative. The Promote the Vote initiative needs 316,000 valid signatures in order for the amendment to appear on the ballot this November.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks