REPORT: State will advance ballot initiative to expand voter access
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
More than 430,000 signatures were submitted on Monday as part of an initiative to expand access to voting in Michigan, according to The Associated Press.
The news outlet reported on Monday that the initiative, known as Promote the Vote, is an effort to expand voting in the state by allowing absentee ballots to be cast for any reason and by also putting in place measures like same-day voter registration.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Democracy is most effective when the most possible people participate,” American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan Executive Director Kary Moss said during a news conference. “It is time that we had voting reforms in the state because people have died to win and exercise their right to vote. Voting should be easier, it should be accessible and it should be something that everybody can do.”
The AP notes that the ACLU of Michigan, the League of Women Voters and the NAACP’s state and Detroit branches are organizers of the constitutional amendment initiative. The Promote the Vote initiative needs 316,000 valid signatures in order for the amendment to appear on the ballot this November.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document