REPORT: State’s Democratic Party drops Clinton’s name from annual fundraiser
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The New Hampshire Democratic Party has altered the name of a major fundraiser dinner, dropping the name of former President Bill Clinton to instead honor former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s wife, Eleanor Roosevelt.
The state party’s annual Kennedy-Clinton Dinner honoring Clinton and former President John F. Kennedy has been renamed to the Eleanor Roosevelt Dinner, which state party chairman Ray Buckley said was appropriate given “our party’s steadfast commitment to electing Democratic women.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“We are proud to honor Eleanor Roosevelt, a woman revered around the world for her bold leadership and tireless efforts to create justice. She dedicated her life to helping all hard-working Americans and all those who needed a champion,” Buckley said in a statement.
The name of the event had been changed to the Kennedy-Clinton dinner in 2016 from the Jefferson-Jackson dinner honoring former Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson. Jefferson and Jackson’s names were cut because they had been slave owners.
Kennedy-Clinton goes the way of Jefferson-Jackson in New Hampshire, only 2 years after the dinner’s name was changed.
— Alex Seitz-Wald (@aseitzwald) August 7, 2018
NH used to have the Jefferson-Jackson dinner. Problematic. Renamed Kennedy-Clinton. Also problematic. Now the Eleanor Roosevelt dinner! https://t.co/JWWguigsr2
— Amanda Terkel (@aterkel) August 7, 2018
BREAKING: The @NHDems rename their fall fundraising dinner (currently known as Kennedy-Clinton) to the ELEANOR ROOSEVELT DINNER. Critics had called for the dinner to be renamed #nhpolitics #2018Midterms pic.twitter.com/ua9dYCVbWU
— Paul Steinhauser (@steinhauserNH1) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan