REPORT: State’s oldest mayor sails into another term with 100% of the vote
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
RUSO, N.D. — The man believed to be North Dakota’s oldest mayor has breezed to another term, winning unanimously in a vote that saw 100 percent turnout.
Ruso Mayor Bruce Lorenz captured all three votes cast in the state’s smallest incorporated city, the Minot Daily News reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The 86-year-old retired rural mail carrier estimates he’s been mayor for more than three decades. He said he forgot Tuesday was election day until his daughter reminded him.
“I’ll have to go down the street and see if I can find a cigar,” he quipped.
Recent health issues have caused Lorenz to move into an assisted living facility in Minot, which may limit his duties as mayor.
“My health went to pot this spring,” he said. “I can’t even walk anymore without a walker. Life gives us some strange roads. We’ll see what takes place.”
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens