REPORT: State’s oldest mayor sails into another term with 100% of the vote
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
RUSO, N.D. — The man believed to be North Dakota’s oldest mayor has breezed to another term, winning unanimously in a vote that saw 100 percent turnout.
Ruso Mayor Bruce Lorenz captured all three votes cast in the state’s smallest incorporated city, the Minot Daily News reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The 86-year-old retired rural mail carrier estimates he’s been mayor for more than three decades. He said he forgot Tuesday was election day until his daughter reminded him.
“I’ll have to go down the street and see if I can find a cigar,” he quipped.
Recent health issues have caused Lorenz to move into an assisted living facility in Minot, which may limit his duties as mayor.
“My health went to pot this spring,” he said. “I can’t even walk anymore without a walker. Life gives us some strange roads. We’ll see what takes place.”
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district