REPORT: Steyer group targeting 12 congressional Democrats over impeachment (Video)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Liberal activist Tom Steyer’s Need to Impeach campaign on Monday announced it will target 12 House districts in an effort to take aim at Democrats who do not yet support impeaching President Trump.
Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) and House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) are among those whose districts will be targeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
The other Democrats whose districts are on the list are Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.), Rep. Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.), Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.), Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-Fla.), Rep. Kathy Castor (D-Fla.), Rep. Lou Correa (D-Calif.), Rep. Mark Takano (D-Calif.), and Rep. Tony Cardenas (D-Calif.).
In a recent video, Steyer released, Democrats express frustration that “nothing happened” in Congress after several perceived offenses, including Trump allegedly taking money from foreign companies and refusing to turn over his tax returns. See thw vide below.
Tom Steyer’s Need to Impeach campaign is targeting 12 congressional Democrats, including Reps. Eric Swalwell, Jim Clyburn, and Elijah Cummings, over impeachment https://t.co/zsI8MElp9l
— Julia Manchester (@JuliaManch) June 10, 2019
House leadership keeps repeating that impeachment is destined to fail in the Senate. Under that argument, why send any bill to the GOP Senate? Why do the work on abortion rights, gun control, economic justice?
We do the right thing because the right thing is worth doing.
— Tom Steyer (@TomSteyer) June 3, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House