REPORT: Stock futures reaction to midterm split
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
U.S. stocks were sharply higher in pre-market trading after the midterm elections resulted in a divided Congress.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up more than 200 points in early-morning futures trading. U.S bond prices also rose, pushing yields lower. Stocks in Europe were also trading higher. Shares closed mix in Asia in muted trading.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wall Street woke up to a new power split in Congress and a likely period of legislative gridlock after the Democrats regained control of the House, ending two years of Republican control of both branches of Congress under Republican President Donald Trump. The GOP retained its majority in the Senate.
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wasserman Schultz appointed to House committee charged with oversight of Donald Trump
- BREAKING: President Trump sends letter to Pelosi regarding State of the Union speech
- BREAKING: Pelosi responds to President Trump regarding his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Kentucky teen in viral video stands firm during grilling by NBC host
- VIDEO: Sarah Sanders responds to Ocasio-Cortez’s end-of-the-world prediction
- BREAKING: Police announce arrest made in case of incapacitated woman who gave birth (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Trump slams Pelosi for cancelling the State of the Union address
- REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
- VIDEO: CNN guest: ‘I am triggered, I’m so triggered’ by MAGA hats
- VIDEO: President Trump responds to news of Pelosi’s dis-invite letter