REPORT: Stock futures reaction to midterm split
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
U.S. stocks were sharply higher in pre-market trading after the midterm elections resulted in a divided Congress.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up more than 200 points in early-morning futures trading. U.S bond prices also rose, pushing yields lower. Stocks in Europe were also trading higher. Shares closed mix in Asia in muted trading.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wall Street woke up to a new power split in Congress and a likely period of legislative gridlock after the Democrats regained control of the House, ending two years of Republican control of both branches of Congress under Republican President Donald Trump. The GOP retained its majority in the Senate.
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- DML TV: Journalist embeds with migrants, learns why they are coming to US
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- REPORT: Judge makes ruling on absentee ballots in Georgia gubernatorial election
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- EXCLUSIVE: Arkansas Sheriff’s department releases dash cam video of shootout with illegal alien driver (VIDEO)
- Hannity tweets offer to read 4 books in one day, DML responds by calling out Hannity
- BREAKING: Country music legend and ‘Hee Haw’ star Roy Clark has died
- BREAKING: Florida man arrested for explosive materials powerful enough to blow up entire block