REPORT: Stock futures reaction to midterm split
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
U.S. stocks were sharply higher in pre-market trading after the midterm elections resulted in a divided Congress.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up more than 200 points in early-morning futures trading. U.S bond prices also rose, pushing yields lower. Stocks in Europe were also trading higher. Shares closed mix in Asia in muted trading.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wall Street woke up to a new power split in Congress and a likely period of legislative gridlock after the Democrats regained control of the House, ending two years of Republican control of both branches of Congress under Republican President Donald Trump. The GOP retained its majority in the Senate.
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow spends opening segment about Mueller report on verge of tears
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets