REPORT: Study reveals risk in blood pressure drug recalled worldwide over cancer fears
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
A blood pressure drug recalled worldwide amid fears it could cause cancer does not increase the risk of the disease in the short run.
Valsartan, which can be prescribed under the brand name Diovan, was recalled in 22 countries, including the US and UK, in July.
The article goes on to state the following:
A change in manufacturing in China caused N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) – a potent chemical also used in rocket fuel – to trickled into the supply.
Yet, a Danish study released [Wednesday] found no link between NDMA exposure through valsartan and a person developing cancer over four years.
Researchers from the University of Southern Denmark analysed 5,150 people over 40 with no history of cancer.
The participants had taken valsartan at some point between 2012 and 2017.
Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals, a company in Linhai, east China, which manufactured the drug, changed its production process in 2012, which is thought to have led to NDMA contamination.
Products containing the withdrawn blood pressure drug valsartan are not associated with a markedly increased short term risk of cancer, finds fast tracked analysis https://t.co/mRF1KcCWxd with linked commentary https://t.co/jvvtGrggHN pic.twitter.com/V0gWdsEYG5
— The BMJ (@bmj_latest) September 13, 2018
— CNN (@CNN) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DailyMail, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio amid media coverage of her husband
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- DML TV: Gov Huckabee interviews his daughter, Sarah Sanders about Jim Acosta