REPORT: Study reveals risk in blood pressure drug recalled worldwide over cancer fears
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
A blood pressure drug recalled worldwide amid fears it could cause cancer does not increase the risk of the disease in the short run.
Valsartan, which can be prescribed under the brand name Diovan, was recalled in 22 countries, including the US and UK, in July.
The article goes on to state the following:
A change in manufacturing in China caused N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) – a potent chemical also used in rocket fuel – to trickled into the supply.
Yet, a Danish study released [Wednesday] found no link between NDMA exposure through valsartan and a person developing cancer over four years.
Researchers from the University of Southern Denmark analysed 5,150 people over 40 with no history of cancer.
The participants had taken valsartan at some point between 2012 and 2017.
Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals, a company in Linhai, east China, which manufactured the drug, changed its production process in 2012, which is thought to have led to NDMA contamination.
Products containing the withdrawn blood pressure drug valsartan are not associated with a markedly increased short term risk of cancer, finds fast tracked analysis https://t.co/mRF1KcCWxd with linked commentary https://t.co/jvvtGrggHN pic.twitter.com/V0gWdsEYG5
— The BMJ (@bmj_latest) September 13, 2018
— CNN (@CNN) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DailyMail, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant