REPORT: Study suggests a certain style of coffee might reduce risk of Alzheimers and Parkinsons
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
Another day, another coffee study. New research suggests that coffee can protect your brain — and the roast matters.
Canadian researchers from the Krembil Brain Institute in Toronto tested Starbucks VIA Instant light roast, dark roast and decaffeinated dark roast for compounds known as phenylindanes. That’s because they think the compounds, which are the result of the roasting process, are the key to brain health — not necessarily the amount of caffeine.
The article goes on to state the following:
Phenylindanes prevent two protein fragments common in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, according to the study published in Frontiers in Neuroscience last month.
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wasserman Schultz appointed to House committee charged with oversight of Donald Trump
- BREAKING: President Trump sends letter to Pelosi regarding State of the Union speech
- BREAKING: Pelosi responds to President Trump regarding his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Kentucky teen in viral video stands firm during grilling by NBC host
- REPORT: Comedian dead at 32
- VIDEO: Sarah Sanders responds to Ocasio-Cortez’s end-of-the-world prediction
- BREAKING: Police announce arrest made in case of incapacitated woman who gave birth (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: CNN guest: ‘I am triggered, I’m so triggered’ by MAGA hats
- REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
- VIDEO: Trump slams Pelosi for cancelling the State of the Union address