REPORT: Supreme Court considering case on detention of immigrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
An immigration case before the Supreme Court pits the government against immigrants it wants to deport following crimes they have committed in the United States.
The issue in the case has to do with when federal law gives immigration authorities the ability to hold immigrants in custody and deny them a hearing to argue for their release while they try to avoid being deported. The case before the justices Wednesday involves mostly long-term green card holders who have been convicted of a broad range of crimes that make them eligible to be deported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Immigration law says that noncitizens convicted of certain crimes should be detained when they are released from federal or state custody and then held while an immigration court decides whether or not they should be deported.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?