REPORT: Supreme Court rejects atheists’ attack on the phrase ‘In God We Trust’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove “In God We Trust,” the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.
Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress’ mandate to inscribe “In God We Trust” on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment.
The article goes on to state the following:
Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their “sincere religious belief” that there is no God and turned them into “political outsiders” by placing the phrase “In God We Trust” on their money.
Newdow’s petition was rejected by the justices without comment.
The Supreme Court rejected a case Monday brought by an atheist who wanted to scrub “In God We Trust,” the U.S. motto, from the nation’s currency. @WashTimes #SCOTUS #InGodWeTrust https://t.co/NFbqMU0oyb
— FRC (@FRCdc) June 10, 2019
The activist attorney also tried to remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance https://t.co/8l5NxpZmwt
— Free Telegraph (@freetelegraph) June 10, 2019
The phrase “In God We Trust” first appeared on coins in 1864, and Congress passed legislation in 1955 requiring all paper and coin currency to bear the words.
It’ll stay that way, SCOTUS says. https://t.co/TP0u79Jqz0
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 10, 2019
Supreme Court denies atheist groups’ attempt to take ‘In God We Trust’ off money https://t.co/cf7cAqNE9k
— TheBlaze (@theblaze) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts