REPORT: Survey reveals how Americans really feel about socialism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
In a year when Bernie Sanders is making his second run for president and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has become a political Twitter star eclipsed only by Donald Trump, socialism is on the rise among Americans – especially women.
A Harris Poll conducted for Axios found that 55 per cent of U.S. women between the ages of 18 and 55 would rather live in a socialist society than a capitalist one.
The article goes on to state the following:
That number was 40 per cent overall, including men, suggesting men are far more suspicious of communal ownership and control of everything in American society.
New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, both self-described Democratic socialists, have pulled their party to the left with promises of expanded government benefits and handouts.
So the system of government that has led to famine and death in Venezuela during recent years, and which undergirded Soviet communism, is finding new life in the United States.
They claim they’re angling for a kinder, gentler form of socialism, one that combines central control of money and things with democratic elections to choose the people who hold the enlarged levers of power.
About that @Axios poll on socialism today … they haven’t released the “crosstab” data, we don’t know the wording of the question and we have no clue about the poll’s methology, sample size or margin for error. I asked them for this 2-1/2 hours ago. Nada. https://t.co/WGqzEWXZGT
— David Martosko (@dmartosko) June 10, 2019
A Harris poll for “Axios on HBO” finds that socialism is gaining popularity: 4 in 10 Americans say they would prefer living in a socialist country over a capitalist one. https://t.co/VuIDBZdGsO
— Axios (@axios) June 9, 2019
According to a new poll, 55% of women between 18 and 54 would rather live in a socialist country than a capitalist one. Why? Socialism has a 0% success rate. #Socialism #Women #StopSocialismChooseFreedom https://t.co/DqvwUM8t1x
— Jenny Beth Martin (@jennybethm) June 10, 2019
Poll: 4 in 10 Americans say they would prefer living in a socialist country over a capitalist one https://t.co/DRywhwpKyx
— Paul Tudor Owen (@PaulTOwen) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft ill after trip to Dominican Republic
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Warner Bros. film studio in lockdown after stage hand on Anne Hathaway movie stabbed in neck