REPORT: Suspicious package sent to US embassy in Australia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
MELBOURNE (Reuters) – Police in Australia are investigating suspicious packages sent to a wide range of embassies and consulates on Wednesday, which officials said included the U.S. and British missions in Melbourne, but there were no reports of harm to staff.
Domestic media reported more than a dozen foreign offices received the packages and that some staff said they contained asbestos, a material used in building that can cause cancers and other health problems.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials at the U.S. and British consulates in Melbourne separately confirmed suspicious packages had been received.
“We handled the package according to our standard procedures and in close coordination with local authorities … who are investigating the incident,” a spokesman for the U.S. Consulate said.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) January 9, 2019
Fire truck and AFP car outside #US Embassy in Canberra. Yellow tape across the front of the building too. Police refusing to confirm if it’s also been targeted by suspicions packages but say diplomatic missions in the ACT are involved @SkyNewsAust pic.twitter.com/zfcOu7olMI
— Annelise Nielsen (@annelisenews) January 9, 2019
BREAKING: @MFB_NEWS firefighters & Aus Federal Police on scene at the New Zealand embassy in Melbourne, investigating a suspicious package. Understand the US, Indian, UK, German & Swiss consulates may also be affected. Authorities yet to comment. @7NewsMelbourne pic.twitter.com/v6TG1afeYj
— Kristy Mayr (@KristyMayr7) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- REPORT: WikiLeaks founder releases statement on House Judiciary request for documents