REPORT: Teen charged in suffocation deaths of his 2 young siblings reveals his motive
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
VERSAILLES, Ind. (AP) — A 14-year-old Indiana boy charged in the suffocation deaths of his two young siblings told investigators that he killed them so that they wouldn’t “have to live in the hell that he did,” prosecutors allege.
Ripley County Prosecutor Richard Hertel said Wednesday that the teen was arrested last week on juvenile charges of murder in the May 2017 killing of his 23-month-old half sister, Desiree McCartney, and the killing two months later of his 11-month-old stepbrother, Nathaniel Ritz, at their home in Osgood, a rural community about 60 miles (96 kilometers) southeast of Indianapolis.
This is a tragic story: an Indiana teen was arrested last week on charges of murdering his 23-month-old half-sister and 11-month-old stepbrother. https://t.co/dUTEEaEtP2
— WSBT (@WSBT) September 12, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
In a probable cause affidavit filed in court, authorities say the teen, who was 13 at the time of the deaths, told investigators that he used a towel to suffocate his half sister and a blanket to kill his stepbrother.
The boy, who is being held at a juvenile center, was charged following a State Police investigation that Hertel said is ongoing.
According to the affidavit, the teen told investigators who questioned him about his siblings’ deaths that “he had a conversation with God about them, but he could not talk about it because he had promised God he wouldn’t tell anyone.”
Under further questioning, the teen began “talking about saving Desiree and Nathaniel from hell and the chains of fire,” it states. He then added that “he didn’t want them to have to live in the hell that he did,” before going on to describe how he suffocated the children.
When asked what that “hell” was, the boy replied “chores,” before asking investigators if they’d seen the list of daily chores he had to complete, the affidavit states.
The prosecutor said that shortly before the teen’s half-sister’s death, the boy squeezed a kitten so hard its insides came out, telling relatives it had scratched him.
Hertel said the suspect’s father is currently in prison and that he believes the boy’s mother is cooperating with the investigation.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Kavanagh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?
- REPORT: Hundreds of teen gangsters go on terrorizing rampage, police close amusement park
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation
- BREAKING: Senate panel schedules vote for Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s lawyer sends letter with new complaint about hearing
- BREAKING: Was Avenatti ‘duped’ by bombshell Kavanaugh claims?
- REPORT: 23-year old pageant winner dramatically STRIPPED of her crown for ‘lie’ (video/pictures)
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- VIDEO: UN audience laughs when Trump remarks on achievements
- BREAKING: Senators told to expect to be in town this weekend: See why