REPORT: Test-taker, 36, pleads guilty in college admissions scheme
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An expert test-taker who admitted posing as wealthy high school students to take their ACT and SAT exams pleaded guilty Friday in connection with a college admissions scheme that has also ensnared dozens of parents — including Hollywood celebrities and corporate executives.
Mark Riddell, 36, pleaded guilty in a Boston federal courtroom to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering and agreed to forfeit $240,000, the Los Angeles Times reported. Prosecutors allege that more than 50 parents paid up to $25 million to middleman William “Rick” Singer to guarantee spots for their children at elite universities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I can make scores happen,” Singer told one parent of Riddell’s ability to boost test scores, according to wiretapped conversations quoted in the FBI affidavit. “And nobody on the planet can get scores to happen.”
For $15,000 to $75,000 per student, Singer brought in Riddell to take tests in their place or correct their responses afterward. Riddell, of Palmetto, Fla., accepted cash payments from Singer and flew to testing centers in Vancouver, Canada; Houston and West Hollywood, Calif.
Press release: https://t.co/An08DYsJpY
— U.S. Attorney MA (@DMAnews1) April 12, 2019
The Harvard grad at the center of massive college admissions cheating scandal set to face a judge. Who is Mark Riddell and how did he get a perfect SAT score every time? @linseydavis has the answers. pic.twitter.com/XT7UPEYMi9
— Good Morning America (@GMA) April 12, 2019
Mark Riddell, a 36-year-old Harvard graduate who is accused of doctoring dozens of college entrance exams for the children of wealthy families, pleaded guilty Friday to charges of fraud conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy. https://t.co/jtrHWxNIg1
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) April 12, 2019
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march