REPORT: Texas judge releases juvenile defendants after losing election
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Hours after losing his bid for re-election, a Harris County, Texas judge released almost all the youthful defendants who appeared in front of him, apparently saying it was what voters wanted.
Juvenile Court Judge Glenn Devlin asked the seven kids in his courtroom if they planned to kill someone before releasing them, the Houston Chronicle reported.
“He was releasing everybody,” said public defender Steven Halpert, who watched the string of surprising releases. “Apparently he was saying that’s what the voters wanted.”
The article goes on to state the following:’
“Judge Devlin appears to be abdicating the basic responsibility of any sitting juvenile judge,” said Elizabeth Henneke of the Lone Star Justice Alliance, a group that works to get young people out of the justice system and into treatment programs.
A Chronicle investigation found that Devlin and another judge were responsible for more than one-fifth of children sent to the state’s juvenile prisons last year.
The report also stated:
Devlin and the county’s other two juvenile judges – all Republicans – were ousted from their seats in favor of Democrats on Tuesday by at least 10-point spreads. In all, Democrats swept 59 local Texas courts.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
A judge shouldn’t make orders motivated by partisan interests or in spite as a result of his political loss.
We’re calling for an investigation of Judge Devlin for violating the canons of judicial conduct.
— ACLU of Texas (@ACLUTx) November 8, 2018
— Thomas Martinez (@tmart16) November 8, 2018
“Glenn Devlin, a District Court judge in Houston who was among 59 Republican jurists in the county who were swept out of office in a Democratic rout” https://t.co/3an8tECLQm
— Tim Craig (@timcraigpost) November 8, 2018
A Texas Juvenile court Judge who had just been voted out of office let nearly all defendants go Wednesday on a promise not to kill.
— Morning Express with Robin Meade (@MorningExp) November 8, 2018
“The Houston Chronicle reports that Judge Glenn Devlin asked juvenile defendants whether they planned to kill anyone, then let nearly all of them go the day after his defeat at the polls.” https://t.co/FJW6NcRCZX
— Ruth Cox Williamson (@spadiva) November 8, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’