REPORT: Texas landowners preparing to fight eminent domain over proposed border wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Some landowners with property along the U.S.-Mexico border are preparing legal challenges with the expectation that the Trump administration will use eminent domain to seize land for construction of the president’s planned border wall.
The Associated Press reports that the Trump administration would face legal challenges from multiple landowners in Texas, challenges that would not be bypassed if the president follows through on his threats to declare a national emergency over illegal border crossings in order to build a wall.
The article goes on to state the following:
“You could give me a trillion dollars and I wouldn’t take it,” landowner Eloisa Cavazos, who owns property along the Rio Grande river, told the AP. “It’s not about money.”
One group the Trump administration will have to face in its fight to secure land for the wall is a Roman Catholic diocese: La Lomita chapel, a historic church built in the late 1800s that still holds services today, has fought to prevent government surveyors from accessing its land, which reportedly falls directly in the administration’s desired enforcement zone.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
The federal government has started surveying land along the border in Texas for wall construction. Rather than surrender their land, some property owners are digging in, vowing to reject buyout offers and preparing to fight in court. https://t.co/xEGTEi7wWE
— Julie Pace (@jpaceDC) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan