REPORT: The job no GOP senator wants: ‘I’d rather have a root canal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A prime chairmanship is poised to come open in the Senate next year. The problem? No GOP senators seem to want it.
Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) is set to retire in approximately a month, creating an opening atop the Senate Ethics Committee, a behind-the-scenes panel responsible for enforcing standards of behavior for senators and their staff and investigating potential violations of federal law or the Senate’s rules.
The article goes on to state the following:
Isakson, who has chaired the committee for nearly five years, told The Hill that he doesn’t know who his successor will be, but encouraged his colleagues to accept the chairmanship if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) asks them.
Nearly all of the GOP senators who spoke with The Hill, as well as members who sit on the committee, passed on the opportunity for the position.
When asked if she would like to chair the committee, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) said, “Uh, I’m going to say probably not.”
“I don’t think that’s a sought after position,” she added.
.@SenPatRoberts: “I’ve been on the damn [Ethics] committee for now, what, 22 years? It’s a Senate record, everybody else gets on and gets off, and they won’t let me get off.” https://t.co/B0Iw1F8X6i
— Zach C. Cohen (@Zachary_Cohen) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses