REPORT: The job no GOP senator wants: ‘I’d rather have a root canal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A prime chairmanship is poised to come open in the Senate next year. The problem? No GOP senators seem to want it.
Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) is set to retire in approximately a month, creating an opening atop the Senate Ethics Committee, a behind-the-scenes panel responsible for enforcing standards of behavior for senators and their staff and investigating potential violations of federal law or the Senate’s rules.
The article goes on to state the following:
Isakson, who has chaired the committee for nearly five years, told The Hill that he doesn’t know who his successor will be, but encouraged his colleagues to accept the chairmanship if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) asks them.
Nearly all of the GOP senators who spoke with The Hill, as well as members who sit on the committee, passed on the opportunity for the position.
When asked if she would like to chair the committee, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) said, “Uh, I’m going to say probably not.”
“I don’t think that’s a sought after position,” she added.
.@SenPatRoberts: “I’ve been on the damn [Ethics] committee for now, what, 22 years? It’s a Senate record, everybody else gets on and gets off, and they won’t let me get off.” https://t.co/B0Iw1F8X6i
— Zach C. Cohen (@Zachary_Cohen) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott