REPORT: The US Is Paying For Solar Panels In Asia. Trump Wants To Put A Stop To It
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The Trump administration is looking to make major cuts to some foreign aid, such as programs promoting crop diversity in Bangladesh, in the hopes of reining in government spending.
The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is working with the State Department to identify areas where they can slash foreign spending, primarily on programs they view as wasteful, a senior administration official told the Daily Caller.
The article goes on to state the following:
Politico reported on Thursday that the requested cuts sent to Congress in the rescissions package could be as high as $4.3 billion, including $2.3 billion from USAID and $2 billion from the State Department.
“The President himself has stated that we should only be sending foreign aid to those who respect us and are our friends. The United States should not be financially responsible for crop diversity in Bangladesh, purchasing solar panels in Central Asia and footing the bill for border protection in Central and South Asia—when we can’t even get Congress to secure our own borders,” the official told the Caller. “This administration is committed to cutting wasteful spending, which is why this rescissions package is so important and timely.”
The Trump administration is looking to cut more than $4 billion in foreign aid spending https://t.co/OahjjtWS8f
— POLITICO (@politico) August 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts