REPORT: Three Big Business Brands Push to Increase Voter Turnout in November
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
President Trump came to office boasting of his business bona fides and suggesting that companies and chief executives would welcome his market-friendly policies.
Some of that has come to pass. The stock markets are booming, and big business cheered last year’s tax overhaul, which favored the wealthy and corporations. But throughout Mr. Trump’s administration, big companies have routinely been drawn into open conflict with him.
The article goes on to state the following:
Chief executives have spoken out against his immigration policies, protested his decision to pull out of the Paris climate agreement and quit his business councils after his response to last year’s violence in Charlottesville, Va.
The article from the Times goes on to list three companies who are now forming a “coalition” to do that part to increase voter turnout. Three of the major companies listed are: Walmart, Patagonia and Lyft.
The Times writes that the participating companies all insist that the effort, called Time to Vote, is nonpartisan. They say they are concerned with persistently low voter turnout rates, and want their employees and customers to get to the polls on Nov. 6.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Jussie Smollett disses Donald Trump in leaked video of scrapped ‘Drop the Mic’ episode