REPORT: Three red states vote to expand Medicaid during an election where health care was the top issue
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Three red states approved Medicaid expansion in Tuesday’s midterm elections, changes that will potentially cover hundreds of thousands more low-income Americans, NBC News projected.
Voters in Utah, Nebraska and Idaho were all expected to pass ballot measures to broaden the federal and state health insurance program, according to NBC. The support for Medicaid expansion, an Affordable Care Act provision, came over the objections of many officials who had so far declined to adopt it, citing budgetary constraints.
The article goes on to state the following:
In Utah, the change could extend coverage to 150,000 low-income people, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. Another 90,000 people could get insurance in Nebraska, according to the Lincoln Journal Star. About 62,000 could receive coverage in Idaho, according to the Associated Press.
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- DML TV: Journalist embeds with migrants, learns why they are coming to US
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- REPORT: Judge makes ruling on absentee ballots in Georgia gubernatorial election
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- EXCLUSIVE: Arkansas Sheriff’s department releases dash cam video of shootout with illegal alien driver (VIDEO)
- Hannity tweets offer to read 4 books in one day, DML responds by calling out Hannity
- BREAKING: Country music legend and ‘Hee Haw’ star Roy Clark has died
- BREAKING: Florida man arrested for explosive materials powerful enough to blow up entire block