REPORT: Tlaib blasts anti-BDS bill as ‘unconstitutional’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) took aim at a bill in the House Foreign Affairs Committee condemning the anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement, calling it “unconstitutional.”
The measure, H.R. 246, aims “to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib, the first Palestinian-American member of Congress, tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
“[House Foreign Affairs Committee] wants to move forward w/ #HR246 #AntiBDS bill to silence opposition of Israel’s blatantly racist policies that demonize both Palestinians & Ethiopians,” Tlaib tweeted. “Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional.”
Our 1st Amd. right to free speech allows boycott of inhumane policies. This bill is unconstitutional. https://t.co/6VJUtBbogy
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) July 10, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill has 336 co-sponsors, including House Judiciary Committee ChairmanJerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.), and House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.). It was co-written by Reps. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), the latter of whom is the only Jewish Republican in the House.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?