REPORT: Tlaib claims House Republicans are trying to ‘ignite vile attacks’ against her
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) on Sunday said that Republicans are trying to “ignite vile attacks” against her over a podcast interview where she made comments about the Holocaust and voiced her support for a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
“Policing my words, twisting & turning them to ignite vile attacks on me will not work,” Tlaib tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
“All of you who are trying to silence me will fail miserably. I will never allow you to take my words out of context to push your racist and hateful agenda. The truth will always win.”
The comments being highlighted by conservatives came from an interview that was published Saturday on Yahoo News’s “Skullduggery” podcast.
When asked about her position on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Michigan lawmaker first noted that that the United States commemorated Holocaust Remembrance Day two weeks ago.
Tlaib, who last November became one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress, then talked about her Palestinian ancestors and the creation of the state of Israel, saying she was “humbled by the fact that it was my ancestors that had to suffer” to create a safe haven for the Jewish people.
Policing my words, twisting & turning them to ignite vile attacks on me will not work. All of you who are trying to silence me will fail miserably. I will never allow you to take my words out of context to push your racist and hateful agenda. The truth will always win.
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) May 13, 2019
Here’s @RepRashida direct quote, “There’s a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust.” And her “history” of what happened after is a fantasy based on lies spread to delegitimize the state of Israel. https://t.co/5akpUSApIE
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) May 13, 2019
I haven’t seen any of the media fact-checkers taking apart @RashidaTlaib’s flagrant lie that Palestinians provided “safe haven” for Jews fleeing/after the Holocaust. This isn’t Ramallah or Gaza; you can’t falsify history here. (Or can you?) https://t.co/cKZsUXlaEc
— Joel B. Pollak (@joelpollak) May 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts