REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D) took to Twitter on Wednesday to call out a bar crawl event in Detroit with a theme some have condemned for embracing “racist imagery.”
“This is some racist bullshit (yep I cursed again…get over it!) right here,” Tlaib tweeted in reference to the event. “Who is sponsoring it?”
The article goes on to state the following:
“@onemichigan can help organize some of us to call it out. Our kids and families can’t be exposed to these types of disgusting events,” the congresswoman continued, calling on One Michigan, which is a local organization that works to provide resources to immigrant communities, for help in condemning the event.
Her tweet came in response to another post shared by Raquel Castañeda-López, who is a member of the City Council of Detroit, that also condemned the event.
This is some racist bullshit (yep I cursed again…get over it!) right here. Who is sponsoring it? @onemichigan can help organize some of us to call it out. Our kids and families can’t be exposed to these types of disgusting events. https://t.co/z2ab8GyLar
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) February 20, 2019
Just found out about this event and tried to reach the organizers via twitter and they already had me blocked. That is outrageous! @MsMarySheffield @stephanielily @RepRashida join us in calling out this racist event! #notinDetroit #notinmycity https://t.co/KtZ3oDyzCs
— Raquel4Detroit (@Raquel4Detroit) February 20, 2019
Dear @eventbrite @latinorebels @LULAC Dear Eventbrite, please see the dehumanizing events @BarCrawlLive holds. Please do not bring that trash to #Detroit or #SWDetroit @Latinos4MediaEq @Latinopress @Raquel4Detroit @MaryC07352428 pic.twitter.com/zFFS0L8aAE
— Raquel Garcia (@RaquelGarciaAnd) February 19, 2019
I reached out via Facebook and Twitter and was blocked on both platforms. Please tweet at these racists. Not today. Not in my city. @BarCrawlLive @InsideSouthwest @RaquelGarciaAnd @TostadaMagazine @eventbrite #BanBarCrawlLive pic.twitter.com/iyfFuOXwSK
— Luz Viviana (@Vivianita09) February 19, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- REPORT: California fire deadliest in state history as death toll rises, first victims identified
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State