REPORT: Tlaib tweets complaint about lack of support from Dem leadership
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) expressed frustration over how Democratic leadership is handling criticism of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), saying freshman congresswomen are “ignored” when they speak up about issues that are important to them.
“They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse,” she tweeted Saturday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored,” she continued, quote-tweeting a California state legislative staffer who criticized “The attacks on @IlhanMN and subsequent lack of support from Democratic leadership.”
They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us. https://t.co/7T1OlwS1YG
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) April 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march