REPORT: Today’s Media Destructive and Divisive, Says Liberal Former Anchor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
Tom Brokaw anchored NBC’s “Nightly News” for 22 years. He was, while on the air, a mostly fair and balanced journalist (but since his retirement he’s shown a decidedly liberal bent).
Still, in his heyday, Brokaw appeared to seek out both sides of the story. He was a fan of Ronald Reagan and delivered one of the eulogies at the funeral of former First Lady Nancy Reagan.
The article goes on to state the following:
But he doesn’t think today’s media is doing the job at all nowadays – and that it might even be “destructive.”
“Everybody has a voice – and I think it’s great for people to have a voice – but there’s no way to verify what’s true and what’s not. It has no context; it’s just a 24/7 rage about what’s pissing people off across the board from the Left to the Right,” he continued. “It could be a unifying factor, but it’s a dividing factor, frankly. And that really troubles me as much as anything. I don’t know how we get beyond that. I don’t know what leader can come along and say, ‘Look, we’re all in this together. We’ve got to find a way to work together.’”
— Artful Living (@ArtfulLivingMag) January 7, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts