REPORT: Top Catholic bishop issues statement on government shutdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The chairman of the U.S. Catholic Bishops Committee on Migration on Thursday called for President Trump and congressional leaders “to come together and end the shutdown” that’s now in its 20th day.
“The President and Congressional leaders need to come together and end the shutdown with a solution that recognizes the dignity of work of affected employees, respects the humanity of all regardless of immigration status, and protects the sanctity of human life,” Bishop Joseph Vásquez said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
He added that secure U.S. borders and “humane treatment of those fleeing persecution and seeking a better life are not mutually exclusive.”
“The U.S. can ensure both and must do so without instilling fear or sowing hatred. We will continue to advocate for immigration reform to advance the common good and address these issues,” he said.
“Secure borders and humane treatment of those fleeing persecution and seeking a better life are not mutually exclusive.” -Bishop Joe Vásquez, Chairman of the Committee on Migration
— US Catholic Bishops (@USCCB) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly