REPORT: Top Democrat cancels event for anti-abortion House colleague
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Rep. Cheri Bustos, the chairwoman of the House Democrats’ campaign arm, pulled out of a fundraiser for a colleague because of their divergent views on abortion.
Bustos was scheduled to appear at a reelection campaign event for Rep. Daniel Lipinski, a fellow Illinois Democrat who is facing a primary challenge from the left.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lipinski is one of the last congressional Democrats to oppose abortion rights. Normally, a top Democrat appearing at one of his fundraisers would be little noticed, but abortion issues are incredibly fraught as some conservative states move to outlaw abortion in an effort to overturn Roe v. Wade.
NEW — Head of the DCCC, Rep. Cheri Bustos, is pulling out of a fundraiser for Rep. Dan Lipinski after she faced significant criticism for fundraising for an anti-choice lawmaker https://t.co/wITtbjQsN1 w/ @jbendery
— Amanda Terkel (@aterkel) May 22, 2019
Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos has pulled out of a fundraiser for fellow Illinois Democratic Rep. Daniel Lipinski following uproar over his anti-abortion stance as Lipinski gears up to face a progressive primary challenger who supports abortion rightshttps://t.co/XLce5voHqh
— Axios (@axios) May 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in