REPORT: Top Democrat sets new deadline for Trump’s tax returns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Congress and the Trump administration are inching closer to a legal fight over President Trump’s tax returns.
House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass., wrote Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Saturday with a new deadline to transmit Trump’s tax returns after Mnuchin missed Neal’s original April 10 deadline. The Ways and Means chairman now wants the administration to provide Trump’s tax returns to his committee by April 23.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I am aware that concerns have been raised regarding my request and the authority of the Committee. Those concerns lack merit,” wrote Neal. “Moreover, judicial precedent commands that none of the concerns raised can legitimately be used to deny the Committee’s request.”
Neal added that the law allowing him to request and review those returns is “unambiguous,” and that he would view Mnuchin as violating the law if he blocked cooperation by the new deadline he set on Saturday.
“Please know that, if you fail to comply, your failure will be interpreted as a denial of my request,” said Neal.
This morning, chairman @RepRichardNeal sent the following letter to IRS commissioner Rettig after the IRS missed the April 10th deadline to furnish six years of the president’s personal & business #taxreturns: pic.twitter.com/aHSNvEJwk3
— Ways & Means Committee (@WaysMeansCmte) April 13, 2019
This is the first time Congress has requested sensitive tax information from the president, brought on by the fact that @realDonaldTrump was the first presidential candidate in decades not to release his tax returns.https://t.co/odz59xKap3
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- VIDEO: Tucker On Democrats’ Reactions To Trump Sanctuary Idea: ‘It Sounds A Little … Racist!’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters meets her match, debates woman on the street
- UPDATE: Joe Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)