REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The majority of individuals and groups targeted in House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler’s sweeping request for documents as part of an expansive Trump probe have missed the Nadler-imposed deadline to respond, Fox News has learned, raising questions about whether the chairman is facing his own “resistance.”
Though the powerful Democratic committee chairman touted the responses he’s gotten in a press release and cable news interview this week, GOP committee sources told Fox News that just eight of the 81 agencies, entities and individuals that were sent requests actually met the Monday deadline. The requests came as part of Nadler’s probe into “alleged obstruction of justice, public corruption, and other abuses of power by President Trump” announced earlier this month.
“The way Democrats are characterizing the response to their investigation is an exaggeration of epic proportions,” a source familiar with the investigation told Fox News on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
But a Republican committee aide told Fox News that only the following individuals and groups have responded: Former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, who submitted 47 pages; former Trump national security adviser J.D. Gordan, who provided 51 pages; the National Rifle Association, which submitted 1,466 pages; Russian lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin, who attended the infamous 2016 Trump Tower meeting and provided 467 pages; former Trump political adviser Sam Nunberg, who sent 23 pages; former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who sent 2,688 pages; Trump inaugural committee chair Tom Barrack, who sent 3,349 pages; and the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee, which provided 104 pages.
Joined @maddow to discuss the thousands of documents @HouseJudiciary has received as a part of our ongoing investigation into allegations of corruption, abuse of power, and obstruction. It is our job to defend the rule of law, and that is exactly what we will continue to do. pic.twitter.com/hJ0eOt6nx8
— (((Rep. Nadler))) (@RepJerryNadler) March 19, 2019
Nadler is Harassing President by trying to stage a #2 Witch Hunt! Top Dem’s Trump probe targets miss deadline in sweeping document requesthttps://t.co/Zk2Zd5iKlu
— Adele Tuiolosega (@Atuiolosega) March 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march