REPORT: Top GOP Senator blames ‘AWOL’ Congress for continued border crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A senior Republican senator on Tuesday said Congress is to blame for the continued surge of migrants arriving at the southern border each month and for the beleaguered state that border officials are in as they try to process families, unaccompanied children, and single adults.
“We have been AWOL, and that’s shameful,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration, said during a hearing on the issue Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold,” said Cornyn. “It’s just getting worse and worse as Congress sits on its hands and does absolutely nothing to give you the tools you need in order to stop this crisis and to address it. And that’s shameful.”
“We have been AWOL and that’s shameful. There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold.” @JohnCornyn calls out his colleagues on their inaction during the border crisis.https://t.co/f9PszqnUvO
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019
No thanks to Democrats, who are AWOL on the border crisis. https://t.co/gkX6hJLJID
— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) June 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: ‘Please pray for CNN’: Cable news network roasted for report condemning ‘thoughts and prayers’
- A new feature for DML News alerts and notifications
- VIDEO: Trump: It’s ‘looking like’ Iran was responsible for Saudi oil attacks
- REPORT: Italian soldier stabbed in throat by man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’
- REPORT: California Catholic leaders urge Newsom to veto bill on abortions at colleges
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton rages against ‘voter suppression’ in keynote speech