REPORT: Top GOP Senator blames ‘AWOL’ Congress for continued border crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A senior Republican senator on Tuesday said Congress is to blame for the continued surge of migrants arriving at the southern border each month and for the beleaguered state that border officials are in as they try to process families, unaccompanied children, and single adults.
“We have been AWOL, and that’s shameful,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration, said during a hearing on the issue Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold,” said Cornyn. “It’s just getting worse and worse as Congress sits on its hands and does absolutely nothing to give you the tools you need in order to stop this crisis and to address it. And that’s shameful.”
“We have been AWOL and that’s shameful. There’s absolutely no justification whatsoever for Congress to sit on the sidelines and watch as this crisis continues to unfold.” @JohnCornyn calls out his colleagues on their inaction during the border crisis.https://t.co/f9PszqnUvO
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019
No thanks to Democrats, who are AWOL on the border crisis. https://t.co/gkX6hJLJID
— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) June 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in