REPORT: Top Mueller prosecutor Zainab Ahmad announces career move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
One of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s top prosecutors, Zainab Ahmad, is joining law firm Gibson Dunn as a partner.
Ahmad will work in the firm’s New York office as part of Gibson Dunn’s White Collar Defense and Investigations Practice, the firm announced Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ahmad was a senior member of Mueller’s team of 19 prosecutors. She was one of the prosecutors who handled former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s guilty plea as well as the mysterious dispute between an unknown foreign government-owned company and the special counsel’s office over a grand jury subpoena.
Ahmad worked as a prosecutor for the Justice Department in Washington, D.C., and in the Eastern District of New York with expertise in international terrorism and cybercrime cases. She was on detail with Mueller’s office until March.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by The Hill. Below are links to a previous report with more information on Ahmad and her background.
Zainab Ahmad, one of the signatories on Tuesday’s Flynn memo, has probably logged more hours talking to legitimate Al Qaeda members and hardened terrorist killers than any other prosecutor in America: https://t.co/14gRdlz63X pic.twitter.com/6kwEyBZ1Fy
— The New Yorker (@NewYorker) December 5, 2018
One of two names in the Flynn memo: Zainab Ahmad. The Pakistani-American prosecutor made her name in the Eastern District of NY for prosecuting terrorists. She has been focused on Flynn as a prosecutor on-loan in Mueller’s office.
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) December 5, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling