REPORT: Trooper pulled from candidate’s security team after leaking info to opponent
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TENNESSEAN.COM:
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to clarify how two internal Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security documents differ on who may have asked a trooper to take a photo of Democrat Karl Dean at an event.
A Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper assigned to provide security for both gubernatorial candidates was removed from his post last month after violating a nondisclosure agreement by revealing details of Democrat Karl Dean’s schedule to Republican Bill Lee’s campaign.
The article goes on to state the following:
After learning about a Dean stop the Lee campaign understood to be part of a “Muslim event,” according to Tennessee Highway Patrol memos obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee, the Lee campaign reportedly asked another trooper whether his staff could obtain a photo of Dean in a mosque.
The Sept. 7 event in question was a meet and greet at a falafel restaurant in Knoxville, and not a religious gathering.
CLICK HERE to read more from the Tennessean.
Thanks to Yassin’s Falafel House and our supporters in Knoxville for a great meet and greet last night! pic.twitter.com/AJQDMyC0eK
— Karl Dean (@KarlFDean) September 8, 2018
Happy birthday, @BillLeeTN. I bet you never thought you’d spend your birthday on a debate stage with me, but here we are! Look forward to discussing our different plans for Tennessee tonight.
— Karl Dean (@KarlFDean) October 9, 2018
We live in a remarkable state, but our next governor is still going to face major challenges. We shouldn’t just throw money at problems, we need to look for twenty year solutions. We need to actually solve the toughest problems. That’s what Tennesseans deserve. pic.twitter.com/LKT8QmZLkN
— Bill Lee (@BillLeeTN) October 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TENNESSEAN.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trooper pulled from governor candidate security team after leaking info to Lee campaign: A Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper violated a nondisclosure agreement by sharing information about Karl Dean with the Bill Lee… https://t.co/kg37ondnIp (via https://t.co/pdjwMdY5zw) pic.twitter.com/zhJeH7hlWl
— Kenneth M. Cummings (@_KCummings_) October 9, 2018
Trooper pulled from governor candidate security team after leaking info to Lee campaign https://t.co/8ipC5ddOPk
— Tennessean (@Tennessean) October 9, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TENNESSEAN.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out