REPORT: Trooper pulled from candidate’s security team after leaking info to opponent
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TENNESSEAN.COM:
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to clarify how two internal Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security documents differ on who may have asked a trooper to take a photo of Democrat Karl Dean at an event.
A Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper assigned to provide security for both gubernatorial candidates was removed from his post last month after violating a nondisclosure agreement by revealing details of Democrat Karl Dean’s schedule to Republican Bill Lee’s campaign.
The article goes on to state the following:
After learning about a Dean stop the Lee campaign understood to be part of a “Muslim event,” according to Tennessee Highway Patrol memos obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee, the Lee campaign reportedly asked another trooper whether his staff could obtain a photo of Dean in a mosque.
The Sept. 7 event in question was a meet and greet at a falafel restaurant in Knoxville, and not a religious gathering.
CLICK HERE to read more from the Tennessean.
Thanks to Yassin’s Falafel House and our supporters in Knoxville for a great meet and greet last night! pic.twitter.com/AJQDMyC0eK
— Karl Dean (@KarlFDean) September 8, 2018
Happy birthday, @BillLeeTN. I bet you never thought you’d spend your birthday on a debate stage with me, but here we are! Look forward to discussing our different plans for Tennessee tonight.
— Karl Dean (@KarlFDean) October 9, 2018
We live in a remarkable state, but our next governor is still going to face major challenges. We shouldn’t just throw money at problems, we need to look for twenty year solutions. We need to actually solve the toughest problems. That’s what Tennesseans deserve. pic.twitter.com/LKT8QmZLkN
— Bill Lee (@BillLeeTN) October 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TENNESSEAN.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trooper pulled from governor candidate security team after leaking info to Lee campaign: A Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper violated a nondisclosure agreement by sharing information about Karl Dean with the Bill Lee… https://t.co/kg37ondnIp (via https://t.co/pdjwMdY5zw) pic.twitter.com/zhJeH7hlWl
— Kenneth M. Cummings (@_KCummings_) October 9, 2018
Trooper pulled from governor candidate security team after leaking info to Lee campaign https://t.co/8ipC5ddOPk
— Tennessean (@Tennessean) October 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance