REPORT: Trump Admin calls out drug companies for ‘shenanigans’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials, seeking ways to lower drug costs, are targeting pharmaceutical companies that refuse to provide samples of their products to generic drug companies, making it impossible to create inexpensive generic copies of a brand-name medicine.
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, said recently that drug makers must “end the shenanigans” that prevent competing products from reaching the market.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
Generic drug developers need samples of brand-name drugs to show that a generic copy is equivalent to the original. The maneuvers by brand-name drug firms, Dr. Gottlieb said, “frustrate the ability of generic firms to purchase the doses of a branded drug that they need to run their studies.”
A vow by President Trump to lower prices set by drug companies has federal officials focusing on the practices of brand-name drug makers.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump