REPORT: Trump administration announces Rosenstein no longer overseeing Mueller probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
President Donald Trump’s acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, will oversee special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.
“The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice,” a spokesperson for the department said Wednesday when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller’s investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump announced in a pair of tweets minutes earlier on Wednesday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions would be replaced by Whitaker, who was Sessions’ chief of staff at the Justice Department. Sessions had resigned at Trump’s “request,” according to his resignation letter.
Trump’s Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker will take over Mueller probe oversight. https://t.co/0OJVTuCboT
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Calls have now begun pouring in for Whitaker to recuse himself form oversight of the Mueller probe:
It is no coincidence that Trump’s pick for Acting AG has denounced the investigation & accused Mueller of “going too far,” calling his impartiality into serious question—B/c of these comments advocating for a limited probe, #Whitaker should also recuse himself from its oversight. https://t.co/28Z4vDDuS2
— Mike Quigley (@RepMikeQuigley) November 7, 2018
Given his previous comments advocating defunding and imposing limitations on the Mueller investigation, Mr. Whitaker should recuse himself from its oversight for the duration of his time as acting attorney general.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 7, 2018
Incoming House Oversight Committee chair: “Congress must now investigate the real reason for this (Sessions) termination, confirm that Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker is recused from all aspects of the Special Counsel’s probe, and ensure” DOJ safeguards Mueller probe.
— Jonathan Landay (@JonathanLanday) November 7, 2018
And it gets worse – now Rod Rosenstein has been removed from oversight over the Mueller investigation, and the new Trump-friendly Attorney General, who explicitly has talked about finding ways to obstruct the investigation, is in charge: https://t.co/0gjfH4fMQD
— Tom Coates (@tomcoates) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…