REPORT: Trump administration announces Rosenstein no longer overseeing Mueller probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
President Donald Trump’s acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, will oversee special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.
“The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice,” a spokesperson for the department said Wednesday when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller’s investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump announced in a pair of tweets minutes earlier on Wednesday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions would be replaced by Whitaker, who was Sessions’ chief of staff at the Justice Department. Sessions had resigned at Trump’s “request,” according to his resignation letter.
Trump’s Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker will take over Mueller probe oversight. https://t.co/0OJVTuCboT
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
It is no coincidence that Trump’s pick for Acting AG has denounced the investigation & accused Mueller of “going too far,” calling his impartiality into serious question—B/c of these comments advocating for a limited probe, #Whitaker should also recuse himself from its oversight. https://t.co/28Z4vDDuS2
— Mike Quigley (@RepMikeQuigley) November 7, 2018
Given his previous comments advocating defunding and imposing limitations on the Mueller investigation, Mr. Whitaker should recuse himself from its oversight for the duration of his time as acting attorney general.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 7, 2018
Incoming House Oversight Committee chair: “Congress must now investigate the real reason for this (Sessions) termination, confirm that Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker is recused from all aspects of the Special Counsel’s probe, and ensure” DOJ safeguards Mueller probe.
— Jonathan Landay (@JonathanLanday) November 7, 2018
And it gets worse – now Rod Rosenstein has been removed from oversight over the Mueller investigation, and the new Trump-friendly Attorney General, who explicitly has talked about finding ways to obstruct the investigation, is in charge: https://t.co/0gjfH4fMQD
— Tom Coates (@tomcoates) November 7, 2018
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’