REPORT: Trump administration announces Rosenstein no longer overseeing Mueller probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
President Donald Trump’s acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, will oversee special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.
“The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice,” a spokesperson for the department said Wednesday when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller’s investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump announced in a pair of tweets minutes earlier on Wednesday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions would be replaced by Whitaker, who was Sessions’ chief of staff at the Justice Department. Sessions had resigned at Trump’s “request,” according to his resignation letter.
Trump’s Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker will take over Mueller probe oversight. https://t.co/0OJVTuCboT
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Calls have now begun pouring in for Whitaker to recuse himself form oversight of the Mueller probe:
It is no coincidence that Trump’s pick for Acting AG has denounced the investigation & accused Mueller of “going too far,” calling his impartiality into serious question—B/c of these comments advocating for a limited probe, #Whitaker should also recuse himself from its oversight. https://t.co/28Z4vDDuS2
— Mike Quigley (@RepMikeQuigley) November 7, 2018
Given his previous comments advocating defunding and imposing limitations on the Mueller investigation, Mr. Whitaker should recuse himself from its oversight for the duration of his time as acting attorney general.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 7, 2018
Incoming House Oversight Committee chair: “Congress must now investigate the real reason for this (Sessions) termination, confirm that Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker is recused from all aspects of the Special Counsel’s probe, and ensure” DOJ safeguards Mueller probe.
— Jonathan Landay (@JonathanLanday) November 7, 2018
And it gets worse – now Rod Rosenstein has been removed from oversight over the Mueller investigation, and the new Trump-friendly Attorney General, who explicitly has talked about finding ways to obstruct the investigation, is in charge: https://t.co/0gjfH4fMQD
— Tom Coates (@tomcoates) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- REPORT: Tomi Lahren mocks Michelle Obama’s dig at Trump inauguration
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears $2,400 leather corset to pose for glamorous magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk