REPORT: Trump administration ends Medicaid loophole in drug rebates
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Drug companies will be unable to game a requirement to give states large prescription rebates through Medicaid under a law the Trump administration implemented Thursday.
The guidance closes a loophole that drug companies exploited by making superficial changes to existing drugs to inflate their costs and thus pay states less than they owed. The changes allowed drug companies to treat the medicines as new drugs and change the rebate calculation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This is the kind of abusive behavior from drug companies that this administration will not tolerate,” said Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar in announcing the change at the American Legislative Exchange Council in New Orleans.
The rules around these types of drugs, known as “line extensions,” were changed under legislation President Trump signed into law in February.
Drug companies are required by law to give rebates to states to cover people under Medicaid, who are low-income
Azar says HHS is issuing a guidance to drug manufacturers today to ensure they're paying full rebates for certain prescription drugs in Medicaid
— Mary Ellen McIntire (@MelMcIntire) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds