REPORT: Trump administration ends Medicaid loophole in drug rebates
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Drug companies will be unable to game a requirement to give states large prescription rebates through Medicaid under a law the Trump administration implemented Thursday.
The guidance closes a loophole that drug companies exploited by making superficial changes to existing drugs to inflate their costs and thus pay states less than they owed. The changes allowed drug companies to treat the medicines as new drugs and change the rebate calculation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This is the kind of abusive behavior from drug companies that this administration will not tolerate,” said Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar in announcing the change at the American Legislative Exchange Council in New Orleans.
The rules around these types of drugs, known as “line extensions,” were changed under legislation President Trump signed into law in February.
Drug companies are required by law to give rebates to states to cover people under Medicaid, who are low-income
Azar says HHS is issuing a guidance to drug manufacturers today to ensure they're paying full rebates for certain prescription drugs in Medicaid
— Mary Ellen McIntire (@MelMcIntire) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Pelosi responds when asked whether she will be next House Speaker
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti hit with HUGE DEFEAT in ex-colleague’s lawsuit
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement