REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Team Trump continued to play hardball with Congressional Democrats Friday, with the White House issuing a new rule that would require lawmakers to get the administration’s written permission to travel on government aircraft.
“Under no circumstances during a government shutdown, will any government owned, rented, leased or chartered support any Congressional delegation, without the express written approval of the White House Chief of Staff,” wrote Russell Vought, acting director of the Office of Management and Budget, referring to Mick Mulvaney.
The article goes on to state the following:
The letter also says no federal funds can be used for such travel without Mulvaney’s permission.
“In light of the current partial government shutdown, the President has asked me to direct the heads of all executive departments and agencies of the Administration on new policies in support of Legislative Branch travel,” Vought wrote.
See the complete letter below:
— Russ Vought (@RussVought45) January 18, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) January 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)