REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNEWYORK.COM:
The administration of President Donald Trump, who had been gaining support among some Hispanics for his stand on Venezuela, isn’t willing yet to grant temporary protection from deportation to Venezuelans, NBC News reports.
The administration did not explicitly reject Temporary Protected Status to Venezuelans. But in response to a plea from 23 Democratic senators and Republican Sen. Marco Rubio for the protection for Venezuelans, the administration would only say it continues to monitor the situation in that country.
The article goes on to state the following:
The decision means Venezuelans in the United States could be made to return to their home country, which is enduring political upheaval, starvation, crime, violence and a mass exodus of residents fleeing the crisis and the government of President Nicolás Maduro.
According to the report, Democrats “immediately rebuked Trump” after they read the decision in a letter from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
“This is disgraceful. After months of empty promises and using Venezuelans as political pawns, the Trump administration fails to act to grant TPS,” Rep. Darren Soto (D-Fla.) said. “Venezuelans are now the largest group of asylum-seekers applying for refuge in the United States. The USCIS decision only reinforces the need for Congress to pass our bipartisan, bicameral Venezuela TPS Act.”
Trump admin refuses to grant Venezuelans Temporary Protected Status. After months of empty promises and using Venezuelans as pawns. Disgraceful!
— US Rep. Darren Soto (@RepDarrenSoto) July 16, 2019
“Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President. You can’t claim you are a champion for Venezuelans while refusing to protect them from your deportation forces,” Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) said. “As you sit on your hands, Congress needs to fill the leadership vacuum by passing our bill to grant [Venezuela temporary protection status].”
Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President. You can’t claim you are a champion for Venezuelans while refusing to protect them from your deportation forces.
— Senator Bob Menendez (@SenatorMenendez) July 16, 2019
— NBC Latino (@NBCLatino) July 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNEWYORK.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott