REPORT: Trump-backed candidate secures nomination over governor-backed candidate in Michigan GOP primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Two well-funded and high-profile contenders will battle for the right to replace term-limited Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R) in November after winning their respective party’s nominations on Tuesday.
Former state House Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer (D) won the Democratic nomination, fueled by a substantial financial advantage over two challengers who tried to position themselves to her left.
The report goes on to say:
On the Republican side, Attorney General Bill Schuette (R) outpaced Lt. Gov. Brian Calley (R). Schuette had support from President Trump, while Calley counted Snyder among his supporters.
Schuette took 51 percent of the vote, beating Calley’s 25 percent.
The results set up a November showdown between two heavyweights who will offer starkly different paths ahead for Michigan.
— POLITICO (@politico) August 8, 2018
Former legislative leader Gretchen Whitmer wins Democratic primary for Michigan governor, advancing to face Republican state Attorney General Bill Schuette in the race to succeed term-limited GOP Gov. Rick Snyder. https://t.co/XHkc7X1kwZ
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- BREAKING: Mueller calls for long prison sentence for Manafort
- REPORT: In hypothetical 2020 matchup, Trump in dead heat with….
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez questioned about boyfriend’s congressional email account, Chaffetz weighs in
- VIDEO: Mormon son ‘murdered his parents and their cleaner at their home’