REPORT: Trump challenger calls out president’s ‘dangerous form of megalomania’ after states cancel primaries
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, one of three Republicans currently challenging President Trump for the 2020 GOP presidential nomination, on Sunday denounced the president’s “dangerous form of megalomania” after multiple state Republican parties scrapped their primaries.
“The effort to stop elections — it kind of has a foreboding feel to it,” Weld told the Boston Herald. “This is a recurring theme that people don’t have any choice. That kind of sums up [Trump’s] approach — ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have elections?'”
The article goes on to state the following:
Weld added that the schemes hatched by Trump are symptomatic a “dangerous form of megalomania” and argued that the president was “intent on taking over everything.”
“He wants to be the only decision maker,” Weld said.
What was @realDonaldTrump thinking to invite the Taliban allies of Al Qaeda to Camp David just days before the 9/11 anniversary? Or WAS he thinking? Americans’ safety and security demands a steady hand and a level head in the White House—not foreign policy by erratic tweets.
— Gov. Bill Weld (@GovBillWeld) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- EXCLUSIVE: WATCH: Patrons less than enthused when Elizabeth Warren visits restaurant
- VIDEO: Gutfeld rips media after Avenatti verdict
- VIDEO: Furious female protesters storm Mexico City following young woman’s grisly murder