REPORT: Trump divides Democrats with warning of creeping socialism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump hadn’t had much success dividing Democrats until he found a word that would provoke very different responses from different members of the party during his State of the Union address: socialism.
Trump’s warning of creeping socialism in the United States, deftly mentioned after a section of the speech on the unfolding political crisis in Venezuela, created an immediate public split among Democrats that was caught on live television.
The article goes on to state the following:
Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Sens. Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Jon Tester (Mont.) and Sherrod Brown (Ohio) were among the lawmakers who stood with Republicans to applaud Trump when he pledged that the United States would never slide into socialism.
But other Democrats weren’t so happy about Trump’s choice of words — which was clearly meant to put them on the spot.
— The Hill (@thehill) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet