REPORT: Trump encounters GOP resistance to investigating Hunter Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A push by President Trump and conservatives to dig in to Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine is running into stumbling blocks from an unusual corner: congressional Republicans.
Some Republicans believe Trump’s impeachment trial or a separate Senate committee investigation could lay the groundwork for probing former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who have both emerged as a fixation for Trump and his top allies as they look for a foothold in the impeachment battle.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump escalated the effort on Thursday when he tweeted that the Bidens “must testify”— raising the specter that the president’s lawyers or GOP senators could try to drag them into the public impeachment trial.
“What did Hunter Biden do for the money?” @SenJohnKennedy A very good question. He and Sleepy Joe must testify!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi unveils new $3 trillion coronavirus relief plan [READ IT HERE]
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ Panel Explodes After Donna Brazile Says THIS About the First Amendment
- REPORT: Judge orders State Department to produce Ukraine documents
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe