REPORT: Trump funds national park restoration, environmentalists quiet
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
He may never get credit from environmentalists, but President Trump is building a unique conservation legacy by focusing on the restoration and rehabilitation of America’s majestic yet long-neglected national parks.
The Interior Department announced last week $256 million in funding for infrastructure projects at 22 national parks, including the Great Smoky Mountains, Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone, marking another step toward the goal of wiping out a stubborn $11.6 billion maintenance backlog.
The article goes on to state the following:
While Mr. Trump, a native New Yorker who built a real estate empire with luxury hotels and resorts, isn’t necessarily known for communing with nature, his decision to prioritize repairs to the national park system does jibe with his appreciation for grandeur and insistence on high-quality surroundings.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Satanic Temple brings demonic statue to state capitol to protest Ten Commandments monument
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway hits back at press with pointed question