REPORT: Trump Gaining Independent Support over Top Democrat Challengers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
President Trump is gaining support from independent voters and holding an edge with the demographic over potential Democrat challengers Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), IBD-TIPP’s October poll shows.
The IBD/TIPP Poll – taken September 26 to October 3 among 900 adults (including a “subset” of 341 Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents) – showed the president edging out Warren in support from independent voters in a hypothetical general election matchup. While the poll shows Warren narrowly leading Trump overall – 48 percent to 46 percent – Trump leads Warren among independent voters by six percentage points, 49 percent to 43 percent.
The article goes on to state the following:
Similarly, Trump leads Sanders among independent voters by four points, 48 percent to 44 percent. A head-to-head matchup shows Sanders surpassing Trump by three points overall – 49 percent to 46 percent.
Biden is still outperforming the other Democratic candidates against Trump in a general election matchup – 51 percent to 44 percent. He’s not doing as well now as he did in September’s poll, however, where he led Trump 54 percent to 42 percent.
2020 National GE:
Biden 51% (+7)
Sanders 49% (+3)
Warren 48% (+2)
— Political Polls (@Politics_Polls) October 6, 2019
#National IBD/TIPP Poll (9/26-10/3):
— Political Polls (@Politics_Polls) October 7, 2019
Poll: Trump Gains Support From Independents During Impeachment Battle https://t.co/8yau7xk8Ym
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) October 7, 2019
Trump's approval/disapprove before and after the impeachment inquiry by the poll:
IBD/TIPP (8/30): 39/55
IBD/TIPP (10/3): 43/54
Reuters (9/25): 42/53
Reuters (10/1): 41/56
Quinnipiac (9/23): 40/55
Quinnipiac (9/29): 41/53
Monmouth (8/20): 41/53
Monmouth (9/29): 43/53
— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) October 5, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Bolton advised ex-Trump aide over Ukraine ‘pressure campaign’: NYT
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts