REPORT: Trump, Kavanaugh impeachment speculation kicks up after Dems’ House takeover
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
With Democrats set to reclaim control of the House in January and President Trump already infuriating them with the forced resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, speculation is rampant over whether they will use that power to pursue impeachment against the president — or even Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who wants to be speaker, has pushed back on pressure from the base to pursue impeachment, saying earlier this week “that’s not what our caucus is about” even as Democratic lawmakers make clear they will pursue other investigations of the administration.
The article goes on to state the following:
But that pressure from the left to wield the House majority to go after Trump has not gone away.
Billionaire Tom Steyer, who has floated the possibility of a 2020 presidential run and pumped millions into supporting Democratic congressional candidates, told CNN on Wednesday that House Democrats must confront what he called a “lawless” president.
He renewed his call for impeachment proceedings. Steyer months ago launched the “NeedtoImpeach.com” website and is one of the most prominent liberal advocates for ousting Trump.
Meanwhile, Democrats who called for further investigation into Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh over allegations of sexual misconduct (which he has denied) now have the power to pursue just that.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) November 8, 2018
Judiciary Committee ranking member Rep. Jerrold Nadler reveals plans for impeachment: https://t.co/hUPi9irMWO
— The Federalist (@FDRLST) November 7, 2018
‘Impeachment is real now’: Lawrence O’Donnell reveals how everything changed in the last 24 hours https://t.co/o06iEp87rV
— Raw Story (@RawStory) November 8, 2018
BREAKING: Democrats in the House are already talking about Possible impeachment of Trump and Kavanaughhttps://t.co/1fiMbcp0W5
— Brian Krassenstein (@krassenstein) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry