REPORT: Trump-Kim summit to cost Singapore $20 million
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SINGAPORE – Hosting Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will cost local officials about $20 million, a hefty price Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said his country is “willing to pay” to be a witness to history.
“It is our contribution to an international endeavor that is in our profound interest,” Lee told reporters at the International Media Center, where thousands of journalists have descended to cover the pivotal moment when Trump and Kim meet face-to-face for talks that could lead to an even greater diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea.
The article goes on to state the following:
“When the two sides asked us to host the meeting, we cannot say no,” Lee said, claiming local authorities had to “step up” in order to cover heavy security demands from the U.S. and North Korea.
According to Singapore’s Law and Home Affairs minister, about 5,000 policemen and civil defense force officers have been deployed around the separate hotels where Trump and Kim are staying, and at the Capella resort on Sentosa Island where they will meet Tuesday morning.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)