REPORT: Trump-Kim summit to cost Singapore $20 million
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SINGAPORE – Hosting Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will cost local officials about $20 million, a hefty price Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said his country is “willing to pay” to be a witness to history.
“It is our contribution to an international endeavor that is in our profound interest,” Lee told reporters at the International Media Center, where thousands of journalists have descended to cover the pivotal moment when Trump and Kim meet face-to-face for talks that could lead to an even greater diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea.
The article goes on to state the following:
“When the two sides asked us to host the meeting, we cannot say no,” Lee said, claiming local authorities had to “step up” in order to cover heavy security demands from the U.S. and North Korea.
According to Singapore’s Law and Home Affairs minister, about 5,000 policemen and civil defense force officers have been deployed around the separate hotels where Trump and Kim are staying, and at the Capella resort on Sentosa Island where they will meet Tuesday morning.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda