REPORT: Trump-Kim summit to cost Singapore $20 million
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SINGAPORE – Hosting Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will cost local officials about $20 million, a hefty price Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said his country is “willing to pay” to be a witness to history.
“It is our contribution to an international endeavor that is in our profound interest,” Lee told reporters at the International Media Center, where thousands of journalists have descended to cover the pivotal moment when Trump and Kim meet face-to-face for talks that could lead to an even greater diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea.
The article goes on to state the following:
“When the two sides asked us to host the meeting, we cannot say no,” Lee said, claiming local authorities had to “step up” in order to cover heavy security demands from the U.S. and North Korea.
According to Singapore’s Law and Home Affairs minister, about 5,000 policemen and civil defense force officers have been deployed around the separate hotels where Trump and Kim are staying, and at the Capella resort on Sentosa Island where they will meet Tuesday morning.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show