REPORT: Trump officials building bridges with Canada after weekend of slams over trade
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
A day after President Donald Trump and his top advisers went on the attack against Canada, members of his Cabinet are taking steps to preserve and strengthen ties with the U.S.’ nearest ally.
In one sign of the change in tone, the Department of Agriculture announced Monday that Secretary Sonny Perdue would head to Canada later this week to meet with his counterpart Lawrence MacAulay.
The trip and photo-op is intended to showcase ongoing cooperation between the two countries on agriculture — and it will fall amid repeated criticism from Trump himself about Canada’s high tariffs on U.S. dairy products in particular that enter the Canadian market.
The article goes on to state the following:
U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer spoke with his counterpart, Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland, on Sunday evening to discuss the NAFTA renegotiation. Her spokesperson characterized the phone call as “productive and cordial.”
A USTR spokesperson was also positive about the discussions: “We are continuing our negotiations with Canada and Mexico both separately and together. We are making progress and hope to reach an agreement before too long.”
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omarosa’s neighbors file suit against her husband over unkempt home
- POLL: Should Christopher Watts receive the death penalty?
- UPDATE: Stunning details emerge on man detained by ICE while driving his pregnant wife to hospital
- VIDEO: How a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug
- OpEd: Newt Gingrich: Mueller’s fatal mistake
- REPORT: U.S. company reports one year later after implanting microchips in employees’ hands
- VIDEO: Neighbor shoots TX man stabbing his toddler to death while yelling religious rants
- REPORT: WH aide departs after questions arise about speech at controversial venue
- REPORT: Murdered Colorado mom ‘beat all odds’ to get pregnant, brother says in emotional post
- VIDEO: Democrat Cracks Joke About President Trump Drowning