REPORT: Trump, Pelosi to meet on bipartisan infrastructure deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are planning to meet in the near future to discuss a bipartisan infrastructure package, a White House spokesperson confirmed to the Washington Examiner.
“The President and Speaker did speak last week and have agreed to meet soon to discuss working together on infrastructure,” White House Deputy press secretary Judd Deere told the publication. “The President wants a bipartisan infrastructure package that rebuilds crumbling infrastructure, invests in the projects and industries of tomorrow, and promotes permitting efficiency.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi said at a recent Democratic retreat that she thinks President Trump would be receptive to an infrastructure package of between $1 trillion and $2 trillion.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 14, 2019
US Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she requested a meeting with President Trump to discuss working together on an infrastructure package.https://t.co/uOmuLoG1Ju
— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) April 12, 2019
Scooplet: The White House tells me that President Trump has agreed to meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi ‘soon’ to discuss bipartisan effort to improve infrastructure across the U.S. https://t.co/eARfb1eTyn
— Zachary Halaschak (@zhalaschak) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march