REPORT: Trump questions why Romney used faith as reason for impeachment vote, but split vote in half
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump took aim at Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) for invoking his Mormon faith when explaining his reason to vote to convict the president on one of two House-passed impeachment charges brought against him during the Senate trial earlier this month.
“I did absolutely nothing wrong,” Trump asserted during an interview with Geraldo Rivera released on Thursday. “Everybody knew it. Romney knew it too, by the way. You know that was a disgrace and he knew it.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump then knocked Romney for citing his religion when explaining his decision to vote to convict the president of abuse of power.
The president argued that if Romney used his faith as the reason why he voted yes on one of the articles of impeachment, why didn’t he vote the same way on the other?
“Look, I got 52-and-a-half votes out of 53. I got 52-and-a-half. I guess if it was the religion, he should have voted for the other half,” Trump said. “You know, he voted on one positively and the other negatively. He should have probably if it was just the religion, should have voted on both if you think about it,” he added.
LISTEN to the full interview below:
— The Hill (@thehill) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]