REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The United States and Guatemala are preparing to sign a “safe third country” agreement to help curb Central American migration, a late-night Monday tweet from President Donald Trump revealed.
If signed, the agreement will give U.S. border officers the legal authority to quickly repatriate migrants who pass through Guatemala, regardless of the catch-and-release loopholes created and preserved by the U.S. Congress and courts. In effect, the deal would create a legal wall against Latin American, African, and Indian migrants who pass through Guatemala.
The article goes on to state the following:
The tweet also said enforcement agencies will accelerate the repatriation of “millions” of illegal immigrants — even though Democrats and many establishment GOP legislators are blocking the legal reforms and funding needed to repatriate more than a small percentage of the more-than-11-million illegal migrants now living throughout the United States.
Trump’s deputies are also pushing Mexico to sign a safe third country deal if Mexico cannot sharply reduce the huge migration by Latin Americans through its own territory to the United States.
….long before they get to our Southern Border. Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement. The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress. They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing