REPORT: Trump still considering an executive order to fund wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Ahead of a rally Monday in El Paso, Texas, to boost support for his proposed border wall, President Trump signaled that he is still mulling an executive order to fund the barrier if congressional negotiations break down.
“President is on sound legal ground to declare a National Emergency. There have been 58 National Emergencies declared since the law was enacted in 1976, and 31 right now that are currently active, so this is hardly unprecedented,” Trump tweeted Sunday, citing Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.), who has encouraged Trump to end the stalemate by using national emergency funds to build the wall.
The article goes on to state the following:
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), the head of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said he expected the president to act alone if Congress fails to find a compromise.
“Why should we allow a Democratic president in the White House to use executive orders and not do the same with a Republican president,” @RepMarkMeadows tells @margbrennan https://t.co/J0MVz0xO83 pic.twitter.com/atMU72jIRa
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) February 10, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) February 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo